[cod] modern warfare 2 linux binaries

James Landi jim at landi.net
Thu Sep 17 09:50:16 EDT 2009

There has never been Linux bits for sale, they are part of the game and
are usually released several weeks (cod4) after the game ships.

You will need to purchase at least one copy of the game (Windows) upload
those files to your server and then patch that with the (free) Linux
bits.  - Linux when released.

Per my conversation with Jason West of IW, at the MP event in LA the
other night, it sounded like they would work on those things after the
game ships... Yes I know don't shoot, kill, hurt the messenger here.

Jason also told me that they where looking very closely at Steam as a
way for match making and they don't see them selfs using GFW (games for
windows) as Treyarch did with World at war.  He also went on to say that
he was trying to make is super easy for people to play online, which
scared the you know what out of me as it related to what we can do with
servers.

Guys, I hate to say it but this sounds more and more like a 89% console
game and 11% PC game at this point.  He did say it was still schedule to
ship on Nov 10th even thought they are all hands on deck, working on the
console side to get it into MS certification.

Jim Landi
Rudedog
FPSadmin.com
Microsoft MVP, Games for Windows