[cod] Sorry have to vent, Modern Warfare 2 on the PC

stevetm001 at blueyonder.co.uk stevetm001 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 14:29:35 EDT 2009

"Did IQ's just drop suddenly while I was away?"

I do love that film.... once of my fav's

Anyway, my point....

The large multiples, the distributors and sub distributors, and large
retailers will have already commited to purchase X amount of copies... so
Actismart will already be lining up for a very large influx of cash.....

Probably left it this late in the day before anouncing the crippled PC
version so they don't get that many companies canceling.

So they don't care that you will cancel your order....  Its the companies
who have committed to purchasing them that will loose out....  (suppose
Actismart will loose out in the long run...  as in... on the next
release.... )

The good news for us... if you can call it good news....  is that they
won't sell half as many PC versions (just a guess) as they would have, and
drop the price to shift the ones they have left sooner that they would
otherwise.

(Background about me) (just so you know where i'm coming from)

I used to play and purchase I hasten to add C64 and Amiga games.... wasted
countless £'s on crap games only to be played once.

Haven't really played that many games on the PC until just about 2 years
ago when a friend got me to buy COD4... and loved the multiplayer gaming
experience... Never got past level 3 of the single player mode ... not
interested ...

I pre-ordered COD:WAW and played it 3 times before throwing to the back of
my cupboard...  Bought Left 4 Dead, its still in its wrapper never opened.

I purchase a server from a company so I can play with my friends, I leave
the server open so anyone can play with very few rules... no cheating, no
bad language, and have had over 20,000 players according to gametracker...
and my RCON has tracked over 13000 unique GUIDs... in 6 or 7 months.

So... yes it pissed me off to say the least that it won't be multiplayer
like COD4 <cry cry sob sob> but thats life... Get over it, stop
complaining and put your efforts into something more productive :)

I will be looking at the open source route... didn't really know their was
one, never really looked...  but I am a programmer who has come to love
modding cod4....  (trying to mod cod4) if their were only more infomation
to help beginners...

So open souce here I come.

Hope to see you their :)

So long and thanks for all the fish ;)

Regards

Steve
[ACS] Cobra

ps I'm not actually leaving this group, I find it so informative and
entertaining :)