[cod] Sorry have to vent, Modern Warfare 2 on the PC

James Landi jim at landi.net
Mon Oct 19 09:03:26 EDT 2009

It comes down to PC customers buying only games from companies that wish
to support their platform of choice.  Do we really want a game from a
dev/pub who can't be bothered, won't listen, doesn't take feedback from
it's customers, with the platform you choose to base your business model
off of and our choice to play on?

We've all been fighting for Linux Dedicated servers for MOH and COD
because that is the most profitable and reliable to GSPs and their
customers.

I've always said to the developers and publishers, if you can't be
bothered to offer the support and features the customer wants in  (fill
in game name here) then please don't try and offer me something I can't
use and more so don't want.   Between the so called piracy issues and
"consoles sell a lot more then PC's." ,why even bother selling us a PC
version?  It has to be making them something thus they keep doing it.

I'll tell you this, if they do discontinue the CoD franchise on the PC,
they will loose out on more then just PC sales.  They will loose great
coders and modders from the community, in which they have hired for
their current roster.  They will loose out on the ideas that modders
have put into their games, they will loose a very large community of
support in which case they do not have to offer themselves.  They loose
a lot more then sales alone.

This is either an uneducated guess or a way to exit the PC gaming market
completely. I say if they want to exit the PC gaming market then just do
it.  I would rather move on then be strung along over the years.  I'm
tired of trying to plead with them that we need this and or that, so
they can be successful and we can be happy and enjoy playing their games.

Right now all I can see is this will create a piracy frenzy for the SP
because no one will be buying a CoD game, for their half assed idea of
online multiplayer.

Jim Landi
Rudedog
FPSadmin.com