[cod] Sorry have to vent, Modern Warfare 2 on the PC

escapedturkey escapedturkey at escapedturkey.com
Sun Oct 18 09:16:02 EDT 2009

Matt | Pointy BestGN wrote:
> Dev's hearing harsh feedback and reacting in such a way that may possibly
> result in a drop in future sales is something im sure they do not want, so I
> doubt a reverse boycott is on the cards - if it were, who would buy the
> game?  Lol

Unless the developer has alternative means, especially in this rough
economy. If PC gaming is only a fraction of their income and requires
too much work to support, it's no surprise they are shaving off the bits
and pieces that aren't cost effective or too frustrating to manage. It's
business and profit.

Am I happy that MW2 support for dedicated servers is being dropped? Not
at all. However, it doesn't come as much surprise and there a lot of
alternatives, such as modifying games to be just like it or better
(example: the Source engine).

In the future I hope we can show greater appreciation to the developers
(such as Valve) that do give us free support, Linux binaries, etc.,
instead of threatening boycotts, name-calling, and being rude to them.

Anyhow, this is off-topic from the discussion of COD server