[cod] CoD4 Linux server not reading server.cfg or listed online

Josh Luthman iam8up at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:01:08 EDT 2009

Two issues - the server.cfg doesn't seem to be executed nor does the server
show up on the list of games online under the "Internet" source.

I have my gaming PC on the same LAN as the server.  The configuration as
well as the starting argument specify "Internet" server which I assume means
it publicizes and accepts connections outside through NAT.  With the game I
can see the server on the Local list of servers.  I have not seen it on the
public games list via in-game browser.  I am doing something wrong that
doesn't initialize the configuration.  I'm attempting everything as root
(for now, preferably another user when I can get it operational).

I am starting a server with this command:
./cod4_lnxded-bin +set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec server.cfg
+map_rotate

Not sure what the +set net_ip command should be - the private IP it listens
on or public IP it should report?

The host name and players are CoD4Host and 24 - defaults.  The configuration
is otherwise.  If at the server's prompt I type sv_hostname "test name" it
correct changes the name.

My server.cfg - http://pastebin.ca/1589419

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

--
Josh Luthman

A patch in time saves kill -9
-http://www.tuxmaniac.com