[cod] Hidden Directory business

Pete biovore at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:27:28 EDT 2009

Hey everyone,

   So I have noticed over the years that the games Ryan does the ports for,
always like to stick in a .<gametype> hidden directory into the users home
directory.   I was wondering if there was a way to inform the server that it
should put it some where else.  I am having problems because I want to
run 2 cod5 servers as the same user ID.  I have tried messing with
fs_homepath and fs_basepath with no avail.  I have tried to cheat the $HOME
bash envroment varible before I called the binary but it didn't seem to
take.

Any Ideas from the server admin community?

Also other games like UT2K4 and COD4 I have noticed have the same issue.

--
Peter Fetterer
KB3GTN

The force is like duct tape.