[cod] Setting a game search path

Dustin Doiron dustin at infinigaming.com
Thu Mar 5 16:36:20 EST 2009

Looking back, it appears as if my COD4 retail CD directory structure differs
greatly from the installed game on a Windows machine.

Unfortunately, I had chosen to follow the option to create a tarball of my
Windows installation, as the README stated was possible.  Looks as if this
method is very inefficient.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Dustin Doiron <dustin at infinigaming.com>wrote:

> Output attached.
>
> Disregard permissions on /zone, was me attempting to debug.
>

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM, |T-OC|Morpheus|:. <morpheus at clantoc.org>wrote:
>
>> Strange behaviour from ls... can you put a screenshot or the result
>> (redirected in a text file) of an 'ls -lr' in the cod4-linux-server ? Just
>> seeing what you show here, there is no main, zone, etc... folders, just all
>> game files put together, which can't work.
>>
>> As kellerkind said, the 'ls -lr' will show us the perms on the files, with
>> the detailed structure of you install...
>>
>> Dustin Doiron a écrit :
>>
>>> localization.txt is present within this folder.  Directory structure
>>> attached, all file permissions are set appropriately:
>>>
>>> ddoiron at gs01:~/cod4-linux-server$ ls
>>> 7za.exe              blackout.ff           customer_support.htm
>>>  iw3mp.exe                      localized_english_iw04.iwd  mp_farm.ff
>>>      pbuser.htm
>>> ac130_fade.bik       Blackout_load.bik     default.bik
>>> iw3sp.exe                      localized_english_iw05.iwd  mp_farm_load.ff
>>>     readme.htm
>>> ac130.ff             bog_a_fade.bik        default_server.cfg
>>>  IW_logo.bik                    localized_english_iw06.iwd  mp_overgrown.ff
>>>       README.linux
>>> ac130_load.bik       bog_a.ff              DevLogo.jpg
>>> jeepride_fade.bik              main
>>>  mp_overgrown_load.ff  redstripe.jpg
>>> Activision.jpg       bog_a_load.bik        directx.htm
>>> jeepride.ff                    _main2.htm                  mp_pipeline.ff
>>>      scoutsniper_fade.bik
>>> Aftermath_fade.bik   bog_b_fade.bik        dma_large.jpg
>>> jeepride_load.bik              _main.htm
>>> mp_pipeline_load.ff   scoutsniper.ff
>>> aftermath.ff         bog_b.ff              dma_small.jpg
> [...]
>>> airlift.ff           cargoship.ff          GameLogo.jpg
>>>  Killhouse_monitor1.bik         mod.csv
>>> mp_showdown_load.ff   sniperescape.ff
>>> Airlift_load.bik     cargoship_load.bik    help.htm
>>>  launchfacility_a_fade.bik      mod.ff                      mp_strike.ff
>>>      sniperescape_load.bik
>>> airplane.ff          cd_dvd_problems.htm   hunted_fade.bik
>>> launchfacility_a.ff            mp_backlot.ff               mp_strike_load.ff
>>>     sound_conflicts.htm
>>> airplane_load.bik    cod4.ico              hunted.ff
>>> launchfacility_a_load.bik      mp_backlot_load.ff          mp_vacant.ff
>>>      spacer.gif
>>> ambush_fade.bik      cod4_lnxded           hunted_load.bik
>>> launchfacility_b_fade.bik      mp_bloc.ff                  mp_vacant_load.ff
>>>     tech_help.htm
>>> ambush.ff            cod4_lnxded-bin       icbm_fade.bik
>>> launchfacility_b.ff            mp_bloc_load.ff             msr.htm
>>>     _toc.htm
>>> Ambush_load.bik      cod.bmp               icbm.ff
>>> launchfacility_b_load.bik      mp_bog.ff                   msr.txt
>>>     _top.htm
>>> ap_xp_large.jpg      code_post_gfx.ff      icbm_load.bik
>>> legal.bik                      mp_bog_load.ff              mss32.dll
>>>     ui.ff
>>> ap_xp_small.jpg      code_post_gfx_mp.ff   iw_00.iwd
>>> legal.htm                      mp_cargoship.ff             mssds3d.flt
>>>     ui_mp.ff
>>> armada_fade.bik      cod_intro.bik         iw_01.iwd
>>> libgcc_s.so.1                  mp_cargoship_load.ff        mssdsp.flt
>>>      village_assault_fade.bik
>>> armada.ff            codlogo.bmp           iw_02.iwd
>>> libstdc++.so.6                 mp_citystreets.ff           msseax.flt
>>>      village_assault.ff
>>> Armada_load.bik      common.ff             iw_03.iwd
>>> license.htm                    mp_citystreets_load.ff      mssmp3.asi
>>>      village_assault_load.bik
>>> asad_speech_180.bik  common_mp.ff          iw_04.iwd
>>> license.txt                    mp_convoy.ff                mssvoice.asi
>>>      village_defend_fade.bik
>>> attract.bik          compressed_drive.htm  iw_05.iwd
>>> localization.txt               mp_convoy_load.ff           patches.htm
>>>     village_defend.ff
>>> atvi.bik             coup_fade.bik         iw_06.iwd
>>> localized_code_post_gfx_mp.ff  mp_countdown.ff             pb
>>>      village_defend_load.bik
>>> audio_problems.htm   coup.ff               iw_07.iwd
>>> localized_common_mp.ff         mp_countdown_load.ff        PBEULA.txt
>>>      zakhaev_escape.bik
>>> autoplay.htm         coup_load.bik         iw_08.iwd
>>> localized_english_iw00.iwd     mp_crash.ff                 pbgame.htm
>>>      z_modwarfare.iwd
>>> binkw32.dll          crashes.htm           iw_09.iwd
>>> localized_english_iw01.iwd     mp_crash_load.ff            pbsec.htm
>>>     zone
>>> black.bik            credits.htm           iw_10.iwd
>>> localized_english_iw02.iwd     mp_crossfire.ff             pbsecsv.htm
>>> blackout_fade.bik    credits_load.bik      iw_11.iwd

--
Dustin Doiron
infiniGaming.com