[cod] Setting a game search path

Kellerkind kellerkind at internationaloldstars.de
Thu Mar 5 16:22:03 EST 2009

Dustin Doiron wrote:

DD> ----- FS_Startup -----
DD> Current language: english
DD> Current search path:
DD> /home/ddoiron/.callofduty4/main
[...]

DD> Obviously, I'm seeing a search path of "/home/ddoiron/.callofduty4/main"
DD> which is not where the server is being run.  Is there a way to set this
DD> search path?

You can change this explicit path with +set fs_homepath, but this is
not the origin of your issue.

DD> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main/iw_13.iwd (265 files)
DD> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main/iw_12.iwd (33 files)
DD> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main
DD> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main_shared
DD> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/players

CoD searches on every start the homepath *and* the basepath where your
lnxded is. You are missing a lot of iwd and the localized ff. Files under
zone/
Doublecheck your install and the read/execute rights of
the corresponding folders for the user who runs the _lnxded.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Kellerkind
mailto:kellerkind at internationaloldstars.de