[cod] Setting a game search path

Dustin Doiron dustin at infinigaming.com
Thu Mar 5 16:21:37 EST 2009

localization.txt is present within this folder.  Directory structure
attached, all file permissions are set appropriately:

ddoiron at gs01:~/cod4-linux-server$ ls
7za.exe              blackout.ff           customer_support.htm
iw3mp.exe                      localized_english_iw04.iwd
mp_farm.ff            pbuser.htm
ac130_fade.bik       Blackout_load.bik     default.bik
iw3sp.exe                      localized_english_iw05.iwd
mp_farm_load.ff       readme.htm
ac130.ff             bog_a_fade.bik        default_server.cfg
IW_logo.bik                    localized_english_iw06.iwd
mp_overgrown.ff       README.linux
ac130_load.bik       bog_a.ff              DevLogo.jpg
jeepride_fade.bik              main
mp_overgrown_load.ff  redstripe.jpg
Activision.jpg       bog_a_load.bik        directx.htm
jeepride.ff                    _main2.htm
mp_pipeline.ff        scoutsniper_fade.bik
Aftermath_fade.bik   bog_b_fade.bik        dma_large.jpg
jeepride_load.bik              _main.htm
mp_pipeline_load.ff   scoutsniper.ff
aftermath.ff         bog_b.ff              dma_small.jpg
killhouse_fade.bik             makeMod.bat
mp_shipment.ff        scoutsniper_load.bik
Aftermath_load.bik   bog_b_load.bik        dog_vs_player_load.bik
killhouse.ff                   manual.pdf
mp_shipment_load.ff   simplecredits.ff
airlift_fade.bik     cargoship_fade.bik    eula.txt
killhouse_load.bik             milesEq.flt
mp_showdown.ff        simplecredits_load.bik
airlift.ff           cargoship.ff          GameLogo.jpg
Killhouse_monitor1.bik         mod.csv
mp_showdown_load.ff   sniperescape.ff
Airlift_load.bik     cargoship_load.bik    help.htm
launchfacility_a_fade.bik      mod.ff
mp_strike.ff          sniperescape_load.bik
airplane.ff          cd_dvd_problems.htm   hunted_fade.bik
launchfacility_a.ff            mp_backlot.ff
mp_strike_load.ff     sound_conflicts.htm
airplane_load.bik    cod4.ico              hunted.ff
launchfacility_a_load.bik      mp_backlot_load.ff
mp_vacant.ff          spacer.gif
ambush_fade.bik      cod4_lnxded           hunted_load.bik
launchfacility_b_fade.bik      mp_bloc.ff
mp_vacant_load.ff     tech_help.htm
ambush.ff            cod4_lnxded-bin       icbm_fade.bik
launchfacility_b.ff            mp_bloc_load.ff
msr.htm               _toc.htm
Ambush_load.bik      cod.bmp               icbm.ff
launchfacility_b_load.bik      mp_bog.ff
msr.txt               _top.htm
ap_xp_large.jpg      code_post_gfx.ff      icbm_load.bik
legal.bik                      mp_bog_load.ff
mss32.dll             ui.ff
ap_xp_small.jpg      code_post_gfx_mp.ff   iw_00.iwd
legal.htm                      mp_cargoship.ff
mssds3d.flt           ui_mp.ff
armada_fade.bik      cod_intro.bik         iw_01.iwd
libgcc_s.so.1                  mp_cargoship_load.ff
mssdsp.flt            village_assault_fade.bik
armada.ff            codlogo.bmp           iw_02.iwd
libstdc++.so.6                 mp_citystreets.ff
msseax.flt            village_assault.ff
Armada_load.bik      common.ff             iw_03.iwd
license.htm                    mp_citystreets_load.ff
mssmp3.asi            village_assault_load.bik
asad_speech_180.bik  common_mp.ff          iw_04.iwd
license.txt                    mp_convoy.ff
mssvoice.asi          village_defend_fade.bik
attract.bik          compressed_drive.htm  iw_05.iwd
localization.txt               mp_convoy_load.ff
patches.htm           village_defend.ff
atvi.bik             coup_fade.bik         iw_06.iwd
localized_code_post_gfx_mp.ff  mp_countdown.ff
pb                    village_defend_load.bik
audio_problems.htm   coup.ff               iw_07.iwd
localized_common_mp.ff         mp_countdown_load.ff
PBEULA.txt            zakhaev_escape.bik
autoplay.htm         coup_load.bik         iw_08.iwd
localized_english_iw00.iwd     mp_crash.ff
pbgame.htm            z_modwarfare.iwd
binkw32.dll          crashes.htm           iw_09.iwd
localized_english_iw01.iwd     mp_crash_load.ff
pbsec.htm             zone
black.bik            credits.htm           iw_10.iwd
localized_english_iw02.iwd     mp_crossfire.ff             pbsecsv.htm
blackout_fade.bik    credits_load.bik      iw_11.iwd
localized_english_iw03.iwd     mp_crossfire_load.ff        pbsetup.run

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM, |T-OC|Morpheus|:. <morpheus at clantoc.org>wrote:

> There is nothing to set about the search path, as the real main folder is
> also scanned. It's much more like you forgot to put the localization.txt
> file in the root folder of the server (/home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server). The
> ".callofduty4/main" is defined with the fs_homepath, that is set with the
> home folder of the user running the server, unless you specify it in the
> startup commandline.
>
> If you want tu run a ranked server, you can put the .cfg into this hidden
> folder to keep the cfg separate from base files of the game.
>
> Dustin Doiron a écrit :
>
>  While installing a new COD4 server, I'm running into problems with
>> starting the server.  Directory structure of retail game is maintained, and
>> all of the appropriate files are copied.
>>
>> Specific output I'm seeing:
>> ddoiron at gs01:~/cod4-linux-server$ ./cod4_lnxded
>> CoD4 MP 1.7 build linux-i386 Jun 28 2008
>> begin $init
>> ----- FS_Startup -----
>> Current language: english
>> Current search path:
>> /home/ddoiron/.callofduty4/main
>> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main/iw_13.iwd (265 files)
>> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main/iw_12.iwd (33 files)
>> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main
>> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main_shared
>> /home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/players
>>
>> File Handles:
>> ----------------------
>> 298 files in iwd files
>> ERROR: No languages available because no localized assets were found
>> Sys_Error: Error during initialization:
>> Couldn't load fileSysCheck.cfg.  Make sure Call of Duty is run from the
>> correct folder.
>>

>> Obviously, I'm seeing a search path of "/home/ddoiron/.callofduty4/main"
>> which is not where the server is being run.  Is there a way to set this
>> search path?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> --
>> Dustin Doiron