Setting a game search path

Dustin Doiron dustin at
Thu Mar 5 14:07:07 EST 2009

While installing a new COD4 server, I'm running into problems with starting
the server.  Directory structure of retail game is maintained, and all of
the appropriate files are copied.

Specific output I'm seeing:
ddoiron at gs01:~/cod4-linux-server$ ./cod4_lnxded
CoD4 MP 1.7 build linux-i386 Jun 28 2008
begin $init
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
/home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main/iw_13.iwd (265 files)
/home/ddoiron/cod4-linux-server/main/iw_12.iwd (33 files)

File Handles:
298 files in iwd files
ERROR: No languages available because no localized assets were found
Sys_Error: Error during initialization:
Couldn't load fileSysCheck.cfg.  Make sure Call of Duty is run from the
correct folder.

Obviously, I'm seeing a search path of "/home/ddoiron/.callofduty4/main"
which is not where the server is being run.  Is there a way to set this
search path?

Thanks in advance,
Dustin Doiron