No subject

Wed Mar 11 16:46:39 EDT 2009

the cheat-protected cvars. Therefore, I would think that all you would need
to do is continually set sv_cheat 0 once a second or so.

However, as I stated already Tony of Even Balance said they would scan for
the cvar themselves and since they have, the ability to do some things
straight off their master servers without updates so we may not see a client
or server update for them to stop this exploit.

I do see that ET of Escapted Turkey GSP contacted Even Balance as was given
the same info as PunksBusted.com was.
http://www.escapedturkey.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=5588

Tyson
Twisted Gaming Service
http://www.twistedgamingservice.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Simmons [mailto:twinbcss at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:47 PM
To: cod at icculus.org
Subject: Re: [cod] COD4 players can enable cheats via cvars without RCON
password

The only other option I can come up with is to create a mod to fix the
problem

In the _callbacksetup.gsc file (maps/mp/gametypes), create a thread that
runs as the user connects. Inside the tread create an infinite loop that
continually changes the required dvars by using the following function:

self SetClientDvars( "cg_drawhud", "0", "cg_draw2d", "0", ... );

more information on modding can be found at

http://www.infinityward.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I will work on this mod to see if I can get it working. No promises though.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Tyson <twisted at twistedgamingservice.com>