[cod] COD4 Server hosting recommendations

Robert Mount rmount at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:50:15 EDT 2009

Google "dedicated server provider", any provider worth their salt will
offer linux servers.  Find one in the location you want your server,
or somewhere central (Texas, Chicago) if you've got people all over
the country (or world).

Rudedog @ FPSAdmin (and frequent contributor here) recommends Server
Beach:  http://www.fpsadmin.com/sb/

I host Ventrilo and Teamspeak commercially and personally recommend
SoftLayer: http://www.softlayer.com

I'd recommend you get 64 bit OS, pick something with good long term
support like CentOS or Ubuntu LTS (LTS = Long Term Support), or
something easy to upgrade remotely.

As for Teamspeak, expect this to change when 3.0 comes out, but
currently you can host your own for non-profit use up to 100 slots.
Make sure you read the licensing agreement closely, they will
blacklist you if you violate it.

Good luck!

Regards,
--Rob