[cod] COD:WAW 1.5 - Custom Maps Still an Issue

Vaughan Reid vaunus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 22:48:32 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

Unless I am missing something, can anyone else verify whether they are still
having issues after the 1.5 patch with custom maps on Linux?

To my knowledge the issues were discussed and verified by Ryan back in 1.3
but no hotfix was ever released for this.

The problems I am experiencing specifically:

1) The localized_*.ff file for each map has to be copied to the zone/english
folder or the server doesn't recognise the map at all.

2) The *.iwd file for each map has to be copied to the mods/modname folder
or the server doesn't offer up the file for download. When a client connects
they CTD with a map load image not found error.

3) Copying the *.iwd file to the respective usermaps folder on the
client-side and connecting causes an impure client error even if the same
file is in the same usermaps location on the server.

The main issue is #2 as copying the *.iwd files for each map to the mods
folder means that connecting clients have to download ever single file for
every map before they can play.

This can often take 10 minutes or more for a small number of maps even with
a redirect.

I have run some tests on a Windows server and none of the above are true.
All files can be placed in the usermaps/mapname folder and everything works
as expected.

Any chance of a hotfix for this?

Thanks,

Vaughan