[cod] CoD:WW patch news

|T-OC|Morpheus|:.Web morpheus at clantoc.org
Sat Jan 17 19:51:11 EST 2009

What does make nearly no sense is the redundance in QA testing from both
developer and then publisher, that add more time in an already long
waiting for availability.

But it's a reality : with no "centralization" for updating the game with
hotfixes (I think Ubisoft has some sort of it already running, seen in
Farcry 2), it take too much time to update the game... And I think that
if they want to "announce" linux support (don't talk about
availability), they can't implement the "Game for Windows Live" platform...

What is so sad is that many of things that worked in cod4 and, from my
point of view, did not need to be modified, becomes screwed (record,
cg_drawfps, redirect, to say the least).

IMO much more time was needed to even release the game, but I don't
think we have to throw all of our fire to Treyarch in this situation...