[cod] Mmmm... cores

"Einar S. idsø" einar.cod at norsk-esport.no
Thu Jan 8 12:23:41 EST 2009

Do virtual servers actually work well with game-servers? We use virtual
servers for
a lot of things, but for our game servers we use only pure physical
hosts. I would
think that real-time properties, which are quite important for
game-servers as
opposed to webservers, sql-servers and mailservers, would be quite poor for
virtualised servers.

Which virtualisation solutions have proven to work for past-paced games?
And is
there a certain trick to setting them up, such as binding a virtual
server to a single
core?

Cheers,
Einar