[cod] Spamming our logs

Marco Pannekens mcpan at cssk-clan.de
Sat Feb 28 14:20:49 EST 2009

Really, not funny, but how about some filter entries in your syslog
configuration files to ignore this logging? If you are using syslog-ng something
like:

# new filter definition
filter f_bdlog      { program(bdLog); };

# filter /var/log/localmessages with the new filter
filter f_local      { facility(local0, local1, local2, local3,
                               local4, local5, local6, local7) and not filter
(f_bdlog); };

# filter /var/log/messages with the new filter
filter f_messages   { not filter(f_bdlog); };

# following entries should already exist in a similar manner
destination localmessages { file("/var/log/localmessages"); };
log { source(src); filter(f_local); destination(localmessages); };

destination messages { file("/var/log/messages"); };
log { source(src); filter (f_messages); destination(messages); };

might prevent spamming your logfiles.

McPan