Kernel optimization

Andrej Parovel aparovel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 12:02:24 EST 2009

Hello,

I hear about Linux kernel patching and optimization for better running
multiple game servers. I was looking around the net and find these
article http://wiki.fragaholics.de/index.php/EN:Linux_Kernel_Optimization
I am a bit skeptic about these, because I also heared that 1000 HZ
kernel can cause big CPU loads also when CPU is on idle without any
running process. It is these true or with these guid and wiki the won't
happen?
Also, is these optimization only for Counter strike games good? Will
also Call of Duty games run better with these optimization or just, it
won't get any worsest with it?

I am running different games on same machine. I am mixing on same server
Counter strike and also Call of Duty games (and some other, but rarly).
You think will these cause some problems or issues with such kernel
optimization?
So pleas If anyone can advice me if it is good to do that? I think for
Counter strike games have to be these done because of FPS drops. But the
biggest problem I am thinking about if will such kernel efect something
on my Call of Duty servers.

1000 HZ kernel might be a problem?

Thank you!.

Andrej