[cod] Custom Maps

Geoff Goas gitman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:48:43 EST 2009

i can also confirm that same behavior. placing the custom map fastfiles in
the zone directory will allow you to start the map, but the same error
occurs - "mp_whatever.ff is different from the server" - even though the
client doesn't even have the fastfile.

another interesting thing that happened while i was testing this... the HTTP
download failed for the iwd, so it reverted to the 12KB/s download straight
from the server itself. i disconnected mid-download and the server crashed,
with nothing reported in the console log.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:32 AM, mopo <mmmmopo at gmail.com> wrote:

> It really sucks getting all these emails on a tmobile g1, lol.
>
> On 27 Feb 2009, 5:30 PM, "Silent" <silent at ccmail.cc> wrote:
>
> I got it running with linux files BUT I can't connect to the servers,
> saying "mp_opera.ff is different from server".
>
> I've copied the .ff files into the folder zone/german/ (we are running
> german servers) and the server runs normal and shows no errors. It loads the
> map and shows the mod running, no matter if mp_usermap or mp_openwarfare is
> loaded.
>
> I think, I have to download it by hand but for today I give up.
>
> Anyone knows how to slap the server to use the www-download? I've set:
> set sv_allowdownload "1"
> seta sv_wwwDownload "1"
> seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.myserver.any/fastdownload/cod5"
> seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0"
>
> but there is NO request to this address (I've checked the access.log) when
> I try to enter the game :(
>
> Thanks for an answer...
>
> Silent_Water

>> custom maps from: > > getcwd...
>>
>> > On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Oliver Warburton <
>> olly at inx-gaming.co.uk <mailto:olly at inx-gaming.c...
>>        INX-Gaming | www.inx-gaming.com <http://www.inx-gaming.com>

>> <mailto:joker at mycallofduty...
>>
>> >            *From:* John Kennington <mailto:jwkennington at gmail.com> >