[cod] Failed to retrieve session create status

Jerry Zimmerman van Woesik jerry at bambamlan.nl
Sun Feb 22 17:01:09 EST 2009

Admin Refomeppers schreef:
> Failed to retreive session create status
>
> When starting the server. The console spams the message and its
> impossible to join the server as player, but you can connect to it
> with rcon.
>
> The problem occurs when starting the server... and some time later
> when the server tries to recreate the session.
> The problem was there already with 1.1 (was running with Wine on Centos)
> Now i use Cod5 on linux version 1.2 (without Wine)
>
> It seems to have something to do with the creation of the session with
> the masterservers. Some forums mention to open port 3074 for this
> problem, but it seems that the session create data doesnot use port
> 3074 to send the data back to your box.
>
> I'm using a Dedicated Centos box with IPTables as Firewall, opened the
> port 3074 for tcp and udp besides the usual ports for COD and PB.
>
> My solution for now is:
> - Shutdown firewall
> - Start Cod5
> - After session is created in cod5: Start Firewall
>
> This way i am able to connect and play on the server.
you have to open the firewall so it allows traffic to this port on some
auth server. You don't have to open it up on your server.
But your server must be able to communicate on the port on another server :

# cod5 dedicated server authorisation
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 3074 -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -p tcp --sport 3074 -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 3074 -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -p udp --sport 3074 -j ACCEPT

If I don't put these rules in , my server won't start.

Grtz
B4M