Segfault with pbsetup while updating codwaw server

|T-OC|Morpheus|:. morpheus at clantoc.org
Sat Feb 21 03:27:59 EST 2009

Hi guys,

I'm installing the 1.2 linux bin, and want to update the pb files before
running, but when I launch it, it finish on segfault.

Here is the command-line :

    cod5 at ns300611:~$ ./pbsetup.run -ag cod5 -ap /home/jeux/cod5/cod5
    pbsetup v2.0
    Do you agree to the PunkBuster EULA? (Y/N):
    Erreur de segmentation
    cod5 at ns300611:~$

"Erreur de segmentation" stands for segfault. I tried it with an already
installed version and the one from the bins tarball. I even tried with
downloading again the .run on the evenbalance website, with the same
result... It works with all the other cod games installed, and it was
even working when running under wine.

I must precise : of course, the server is down during all the process,
actually down since the blackout event.

I thought that it was because of the symbolic link (the last cod5 in the
path points to /home/jeux/cod5/.wine/drive_c/cod5/), but it ends the
same way if I give the full path. Is pbsetup limited in parameters length ?