[cod] Interesting?

Caleb Stephens csteph9 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 12:36:52 EST 2009

LOL.

console customers are probably the preferred customers.  PC customers have
a  larger propensity to congregate (i.e. clans), and then just create a
movement against you when you slip up.

there are two strategies that come from this.  the quick "swipe" method, and
the "brand building" method.

The quick swipe method treats your customers as suckers ... drops a load of
crap on them for a quick $40/$50 per. run and never look back.

the brand method tries to be responsive to the community after release,
fixing bugs, releasing patches, promoting it in leagues ... there is no pay
for this, but it goes along way to building your brand.  and it just ensures
that your next release will be even better received.  so this is a longer
term strategy that requires staying power.

problem is that Acti is mixing them ... you have IW in a brand building mode
trying to uplift the cod series and build a great brand, and they are
sideswiped by treyarch with dump attacks. LOL