[cod] Start COD4 Linux Dedicated via Webinterface

B.M. Schiltmans b.m.schiltmans at planet.nl
Fri Dec 11 14:11:33 EST 2009

If the others run fine, I can't really think of anything cod-specific
that could go wrong.
Which executeable do you see in top cod4_lnxded or cod4_lnxded-bin, and
whats you exact command-line?

We have a setup quite like yours, perhaps we could share some ideas?
To begin with some sharing ;-), take a look here : http://lanparty.cil.nu/
Instead of starting the gameservers through a webinterface, we let
players vote for which game they want to play, and then a scripts is run
to count the votes and start the winning game. Works great ;-)
Two main reasons for not having direct control:
- security, we run the same thing on lans, but also on our website for
evening fun
- we only run one gameserver at a time because otherwise people tent to
spread out over games more instead of playing together.
Af course it all depends on how big your lan-events are.

Grtz
Bram