[cod] Start COD4 Linux Dedicated via Webinterface

Taraman Taraman at gmx.de
Wed Dec 9 07:54:59 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm just programming a Webinterface for our LAN-server.
My problem is, that the cod4 server does not start via the Webinterface.

I have a Shell-script called gameserver.sh that starts the different
servers via "/somedir/gameserver.sh cod4 start"
This script works fine when used from a terminal - also if called from
different directories. The Server itself is then running like a charm.
The Script basically changes the directory to the game directory via "cd
/home/me/cod4" and then launches the server with Screen -dmS

In the Webinterface the script is called by PHP with
"System('/home/me/gameserver.sh cod4 start', $status);"
With this the Script says "Server Started" and the program is launched,
but the process dies again immediately.

I have a hard time debugging the error, because I don't get any error
messages. The server does not live long enough to write a log and the
PHP System command does not give me any useful output (I also tried to
start the server directly).

Does anyone have an Idea, what the problem is, or how I can get useful
error Information?

Taraman