Punkbuster server trouble!

Snelict - k.mintjes k.mintjes at snelict.nl
Thu Oct 30 15:54:59 EDT 2008

hi all.

I have a dedicated server running with CentOS 5.

There are 2 cod4 server on it, wich run from the same directory.
Both the have a different server.cfg, where the get the server
configuration.
But the problem now is punkbuter keep kicking players for PB_INIT_FAILURE,
or the get the message You need to update punkbuster.

If i connect to my server, I will be kicked in 30 seconds.
And the message show up that i must update my PB.

This is what i have done:

- Running PBsetup.exe (All updates are applied).
- Delete the whole PB folder and let PBsetup.exe create a new folder.
- Update PB manual, With the files from evenbalance.com.
- Running pbsv.exe en reinstall the service's.

But perhaps it wont work.
I think this is a server problem.

What i have done one the server:

- Update Punkbuster with ./pbsetup.run -u (tells me that everything is up to
date).
- Delete the PB folder on the server, and let pbsetup.run create a new one.
- Restart punkbuster.
- Run the command pb_sv_update 1.

But perhaps it keep kicking me off the server, and other players to.

I have the following PB versions on the server: 1.693
And i'am running the following PB version: 2.122

Is there anything else what i can do to stop the server from kicking
people.?

The following server ips have the problem:

93.190.139.209:28960 Public server

93.190.139.209:28961 Private server

Have Fun, Play Fair.
=XdC=Dutchman88