AW: [cod] Server CODWAW problem ( updating session... )

|T-OC|Morpheus|:.Web morpheus at clantoc.org
Wed Nov 19 13:15:23 EST 2008

It's not about available and playable game servers, it's about the
ability for some hosting companies just to propose the game in their
product line, because their entire network is linux-driven. Geek admins
(like me) and more generally teams' serveradmin that relies on one or
more linux boxes are also waiting after this.

With all bugs that were fixed with cod4, I was not expecting so many
problems with this game, and not only concerning client-side, nor so
many limitations. What about the SDK that will match with their revised
version of the engine ? Even if some quick modifications can be applied
(textures, sounds), I imagine mods can't just be compiled with the cod4
version and put on cod5 servers without more trouble than a stock server
can already be...

The most deceptive case, apart from bugs and poor dolo game, is, for me,
the too big limitations with the zombie mod, which could have been a
must-have if it was not so limited, and linked to the dingle player bin :(

However (the title of the thread is not talking about linux ^^), I'll
start my test server tonight (and put it on dedicated 2 for real
testing) to see if the message appears...