[cod] wine?

|T-OC|Morpheus|:.Web morpheus at clantoc.org
Sat Nov 15 11:48:39 EST 2008

As the "dedicated" version of the windows server opens a graphical
console, I don't think it will work in a console-only environment as, I
assume, most of admins usually manage (power of scripting, more
available resources, those kind of advantages console-managed linux
servers can offer compared to windows boxes). If it worked, far less of
us (I'm also admin for my team) would be angry about activision's
behaviour towards game servers providers/hosters.

And contrary to "desktop" licences, server licences of windows are not
so affordable or price-reduced, and we don't speak about time to adapt
the managing app or manually manage the servers for game hosters...

Definitely, we NEED linux binaries, the reason can be political (don't
want to hear about windows boxes), or financial (don't want to pay for
windows boxes), or technical (we don't know or don't have time to manage
windows boxes). Nothing else has to be said, and seeing Activision
repeat the story with each release of a game or simply a patch is what
pushing my interest of server admin out of their stuff.

It's not to get you afraid, but there is no reference of WaW in icculus'
bugzilla yet...