[cod] CoD WaW Linux Files

Mark mark at rondom.org
Fri Nov 14 08:39:52 EST 2008

Rens Ariens wrote:
> As over 80% of the hosters use linux I think Activision should simply
> release a linux binary on day 1.
> It's important for their customers.

Again Rens, that is not an argument!
If Activision finds it more profitable to release their games on OS2,
MAC or whatnot, and their servers on AIX OS only.. they will.

They do as they please, and rightly so.

This is something that every hosting company should get used to real
quick. Another argument that I just got in was "Well.. if Valve can do
it, why can't Activision".
Again, a non argument. The awanser is more or less focused on what is
not happening, not at what might happen or what has happened in the past.
If there was a change in the release cycle, they would probably made it
public.. and, as they didn't.. I'm not inclined to think they will.

Besides.. by posting here, you are barking up the wrong tree.

  ,Mark