[cod] CoD WaW Linux Files

evolutioncrazy at gmail.com evolutioncrazy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 08:37:14 EST 2008

I'm against windows servers due to performance... it's not a financial
problem ;)

BTW: at the moment i've MANY cod:waw dedicated servers UP and RUNNING on
linux boxes ... and honestly they are even working decently ;)

The problem is that I cannot use it in this way as our custom
infrastructure to do installs, start, stops, rcon, customizations and so
on is not that easy to be ported into an emulated/xfree environment...

so actually i've to manually set the servers, manually start, manually
stop...
for the customers that means higher prices because we have to work a lot
more and be available all the time the users need a restart or similar
things...

And no... I'm not interested in tcadmin just because activision prefer
windows servers :)

We spent a lot of time and skills building perfect servers, getting the
best we can out of linux kernels, low latency, special io&threading
schedulers and so on... why shall I offer a crap service when I've an
amazing linux infrastructure available? (dedicated in emulation or
withing windows LOOOL what's a desktop environment used for??? just to
run a dedicated service that do not need to interact in any fancy way???
we want to deliver the best gaming experience possible... maybe not
everybody have the same objectives?)

It has been in this way with all the call of duty games... and I think
you should undestand how people start feeling seeing everytime the same
thing happening...