[cod] "awaiting connection" on inet, but works on LAN

Brendan Hurley rizzla20 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:41:32 EST 2008

Jumping in mid-thread here and maby missing the point but sounds like firewall.

From: d.k.emaillists at gmail.comTo: cod at icculus.orgDate: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:38:32 -0800Subject: Re: [cod] "awaiting connection" on inet, but works on LAN

On 12-Nov-08, at 2:29 PM, Matthew Simmons wrote:
Alright,First, can the client connect to other servers.  If not, can the client connect to a non-activision-authenticating server (you can try mine: 141.216.27.95)

I can connect to all kinds of private servers without issue.

If not, then there is a problem from the client side.  If those tests pass, then try setting the dedicated variable in your startup script to "1".

I had already tried this.. i had experimented with all 3 settings.

If that still does not work, try running the script in normal mode without mods.
I had experimented with this as well and also combined with the above suggestions as well.

e.g.: /home/cod/cod2_lnxded +set dedicated 1 +map_rotateIf you need to choose the ipaddress then add the set net_ip variable in.  If that still does not work, then try re-arrainging the orders of the variable sets in the startup script ensuring that executing cfg file then map_rotate is always at the end.
I will try this, however I suspect it will have little effect due to the fact it all works great when connecting on hte local lan.