[cod] "awaiting connection" on inet, but works on LAN

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:38:32 EST 2008

On 12-Nov-08, at 2:29 PM, Matthew Simmons wrote:

> Alright,
>
> First, can the client connect to other servers.  If not, can the
> client connect to a non-activision-authenticating server (you can
> try mine: 141.216.27.95)

I can connect to all kinds of private servers without issue.

> If not, then there is a problem from the client side.  If those
> tests pass, then try setting the dedicated variable in your startup
> script to "1".

I had already tried this.. i had experimented with all 3 settings.

> If that still does not work, try running the script in normal mode
> without mods.

I had experimented with this as well and also combined with the above
suggestions as well.

> e.g.: /home/cod/cod2_lnxded +set dedicated 1 +map_rotate
>
> If you need to choose the ipaddress then add the set net_ip variable
> in.  If that still does not work, then try re-arrainging the orders
> of the variable sets in the startup script ensuring that executing
> cfg file then map_rotate is always at the end.

I will try this, however I suspect it will have little effect due to
the fact it all works great when connecting on hte local lan.