[cod] [CoD4] Multiple NIC's

Brendan Hurley rizzla20 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 8 19:27:38 EST 2008

cant you just set the ip of the nic u want to use for servers e.t.c
seems obvious solution to me> Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:18:23 +0100> From: raimoradczewski at googlemail.com> To: cod at icculus.org> Subject: Re: [cod] [CoD4] Multiple NIC's> > Thanks Eureka,> everythings working fine now with samba on eth1 (will be placed on the> onboard rtk eth0) and the dedicateds on eth0.> One point i actually would love to see on the linux dedicateds is to> choose the hardware nic to work with instead of the ip.> Because this server is guest on a bunch of other lan's where it doesnt> houses dhcp etc this would be quite nice. This way I'll have to write> a wrapping script, but that's okay.> > @Matthew Simmons:> Thanks for the hint with net_ip, works fine.> Anyway, there's still no point of giving advices for windows> dedicateds on this mailing list.> > Regards,> Raimo Radczewski> > On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 7:31 AM, eureka <eureka at fusionnetwork.us> wrote:> > Ramio,> > I would reference the post by Matthew Simmons. It sounds like the best> > possible idea would be to push your file sharing off onto the separate NIC.> > Because you are using linux this is really easy to do. All you have to do is> > set the ip address in the app's config file to the ip address (NIC) that you> > want it to bind to.> >> > This can be achieved in samba with the smb.conf file like this..> > http://www.debuntu.org/guest-file-sharing-with-samba> >> > Basically... Add this into the conf file. Where eth1 is the network card> > you want to share files from.> >> > interfaces = lo eth1> > bind interfaces only = true> >> > Hope that makes sense... i feel like im so tired im rambling. Good luck with> > your Lan!> >> > -E> >> > Raimo Radczewski wrote:> >>> >> Is that spam? We're not talking about web servers, theres no point of> >> changing it (nor to windows).> >> The problem is load balancing between file up/down-loads and dedicateds.> >> I think the easiest way would be to just switch Samba/FTP to eth1,> >> while eth0 servers dedicateds.> >>> >> Eureka, I forgot, I'm using Debian lenny with a selfbuild 2.6.25> >> kernel, so there's iptables support etc.> >>> >> Regards,> >> Raimo Radczewski> >>> >> ---> >> To unsubscribe, send a blank email to cod-unsubscribe at icculus.org> >> Mailing list archives: http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?38> >>> >>> >>> >> >> > ---> > To unsubscribe, send a blank email to cod-unsubscribe at icculus.org> > Mailing list archives: http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?38> >> >> >> > ---> To unsubscribe, send a blank email to cod-unsubscribe at icculus.org> Mailing list archives: http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?38> >