[cod] [CoD4] Multiple NIC's

eureka eureka at fusionnetwork.us
Sat Nov 8 01:31:18 EST 2008

Ramio,
 I would reference the post by Matthew Simmons. It sounds like the best
possible idea would be to push your file sharing off onto the separate
NIC. Because you are using linux this is really easy to do. All you have
to do is set the ip address in the app's config file to the ip address
(NIC) that you want it to bind to.

This can be achieved in samba with the smb.conf file like this..
http://www.debuntu.org/guest-file-sharing-with-samba

   Basically... Add this into the conf file. Where eth1 is the network
card you want to share files from.

interfaces = lo eth1
bind interfaces only = true

Hope that makes sense... i feel like im so tired im rambling. Good luck
with your Lan!

-E