[CoD4] Multiple NIC's

Raimo Radczewski raimoradczewski at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 7 15:57:03 EST 2008

Hey Guys,
I'm planning a small server for a local ~40 Persons LAN.

Since we have a limited amount of hubs with 1gbit connections i
planned to use multiple NIC's with different IP's, connected to each
of two gbit hubs, which are uplinked to each one 100mbit hubs, which
are connected using their second uplink.

Some ASCII Art for better visualisation:

Server NIC #1 ---Gbit--> Gbit Hub #1 ---Uplink--> 100Mbit Hub #1
<--Uplink--> 100Mbit Hub #2 <--Uplink--- Gbit Hub #2 <--Gbit--- Server
NIC #2

Normal Users connect to one of the 100Mbit Hubs.

My Idea was to tell Users on 100Mbit Hub #1 to use IP1, others on #2 to use IP2.

My Problem has probably to do with Windows, i actually have no idea,
but even if i connect to IP2, CoD4 actually connects to IP1
Did someone of you try this?

Regards,
Raimo Radczewski