[cod] CoD4 DoS

John Kennington jwkennington at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:51:35 EDT 2008

Jim,

Although I can't find it right now, I seem to remember 402 saying that it
had cleared QA, however a "bug" was found and it was sent back to
development.  The announcement came, I believe, from his blog.  1.6 may not
include a fix for the DOS, but why send it back if it has passed QA unless
they discovered something even worse?

John

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 7:36 AM, james landi <jim at landi.net> wrote:

> He's been doing this work for a very long time, all the way back to the
> MOH days. IW knows about luigi and he has always provided the info to the
> devs before releasing it to the wild. This is nothing new to him, IW or this
> list.
>
> As far as the 1.6 patch is concerned, it had cleared QA a while ago and
> has been ready for release, so more then likely it DOES NOT contains this
> fix.  and no the release has not been held up because of this.....
>
> -Jim
> Rudedog
> FPSadmin.com
>

> On May 6, 2008, at 3:57 AM, Andre Lorbach wrote:
>
>  Of course we can only assume this. But if you are on
> > bugtraq at securityfocus.com mailinglist, and seen other posts from Luigi,
> > you will see that the part which contains the "FIX" description
> > sometimes contains information about which version contains the FIX for
> > the bug. And how could they fix it if they weren't informed before ;)
> >
> > --
> > Andre

"Having finally brought into the election rhetoric that a ballot is each
citizen's most precious gift, millions of voters will refuse to squader
theirs on the glut of cretins and liars pandering for office. The lot of the
Free World will be determined by a plurality of vagrants - or "Congress."
Thorax