New server running Ubuntu

Donald Stephens donald.stephens at activant.com
Sun Mar 16 13:25:57 EDT 2008

<mailto:cod at icculus.org>

Hello,

I just finished building a new server box that is a quad core XEON with 4Gb of RAM.  I've installed Ubuntu Linux server version on it.
I've setup the COD4 server like I have on my previous box and I'm able to start the server with no errors. The problem I have is all the clients that connect crash to desktop.

What happens is I click the server name on the list and it starts to load and about three seconds after it starts to load the client crashes to desktop. The only error is a box on the task bar that read "Error". When I try to view the error the box exits.

The only info on the console is...

Client 0 connecting with 0 challenge ping from 208.173.X.X:28960
Going from CS_FREE to CS_CONNECTED for  (num 4 guid "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX") <--GUID removed
Received packet 0 of stats data
Received packet 1 of stats data
Received packet 2 of stats data
Sending heartbeat to cod4master.activision.com
Received packet 3 of stats data
Received packet 4 of stats data
Received packet 5 of stats data
Received packet 6 of stats data

Does anyone know of any issues with Ubuntu Linux and the 1.5 server that could cause this?

I have 3 other servers running on another box thats running Redhat 9 and they work perfect.

Any help is appreciated.

Let me know what more info you can use to help.

Thanks
-Don

Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.