[cod] PB GUID

Lars Vik lars at 3056.net
Wed Mar 12 17:12:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

Just to conclude this little incident... He got the same message with
the new CD-key. He uninstalled the game prior to installing the new one,
applied the new CD-key when asked, but was still globally banned. When I
checked the PB logs he was listed with the same GUID as before. After
messing around a bit in the menus, he re-entered the new CD-key under
Options -> Multiplayer options - New key, and now it finally works. For
some Bill Gates reason the CD-key you enter when installing is not the
one that's being used if you have used another CD-key before. You have
to re-enter the CD-key under Multiplayer options. The game store was
happy to replace his copy. No trouble, what so ever. I mean, what could
they say; His CD-key was banned since two months before he even bought
the game, and he had the receit so...

Anyway, now everythings OK. Happy gaming! ;-)

Regards,

Lars