Linux Debian server COD4 map uploads to clients very slow

Steve stevetm001 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 17:22:05 EDT 2008

Hi Guys..,

I hope someone can help...

I have a Linux Server running Debian on a local network connected to the
internet on a 20meg download 768 upload and COD4 running fine.... except...

When a client connect, if they haven't got the map... the server send it
very slowly.... Even on my local network...  when i connect locally.

I'm new to Linux and COD4 servers, and it's bugging the hell out of me....
from memory it used to send fine, but not anymore<sigh>

Any help would be appreciated even if it's a point in the right
direction....  so long as its not off a cliff <grin>

Many thanks for taking the time to read.

Regards

Steve

COD4 call sign  Cobra - CobraUK