[cod] COD4: 2 players with same guid (hack?)

Andre Lorbach alorbach at ro1.adiscon.com
Mon Mar 3 07:10:02 EST 2008

I know what a GUID is supposed to be and what an IP address is!

An example will explain what I meant in the first place, lets take the 2
brothers sample:
BrotherA connects to the a cod4 server and gets the GUID
549f8ire98hfji5490htfjoi590gf9i04. The auth server stores the IP and
GUID and caches this information as I believe for at least 10 minutes.
Now BrotherB connects to a Cod4 Server, the master server sees the IP of
BrotherB which is the same as BrotherA, and assigns the cached GUID to
BrotherB which is 549f8ire98hfji5490htfjoi590gf9i04. BrotherA and
BrotherB play with the same GUID, but having different cdkeys.

I believe this is how it works since Cod2.

Regards,
Andre

My