Re: RE: [cod] CoD4 1.7 DoS Bugs

yoda at opferlamm-clan.de yoda at opferlamm-clan.de
Mon Jun 30 06:34:19 EDT 2008

The exploit blocked by PunkBuster was the DVAR-exploit - it has been
fixed by patch 1.7.

About the DoS-stuff - as I said before: please don´t submit infos like
this in this maillist and don´t make it public because there are too
much idiots out there, who "just want to test it"... This problem has
not been fixed yet, so it effects 1.6 and 1.7.

IW knows about it and AV told us, they are on it. So please stay calm
and hope the best.

Many greetings

Thomas
aka [OL]YODA
www.opferlamm-clan.de

Am 30.06.2008 um  Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:

> This bug is blocked by punkbuster in their latest version if your
server ain't
> updated to latest your vournable
>
> > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:44:00 +0200> From: mail at beck.aero> To:
> cod at icculus.org> Subject: Re: [cod] CoD4 1.7 DoS Bugs> > Hey David,>
hm, are
> you sure this information ist up-to-date?> The patch came out 2 days
ago, but
> the date on this report says June > 22nd.... so is it fair to assume
that the
> guy is still takling about > patch 1.6?> cheers,> Andrea> > > btw:
grats to
> Spain, they deserved it!> > David D schrieb:> > 22 Jun 2008> >> >
> http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/cod4vamap-adv.txt> >> > Bugs: A]
"Attempted to
> overrun string in call to va()" DoS> > B] "callvote map" Denial of
Service> >