[cod] number of linux vs windows servers?

Marc Biorklund vg.hawks at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 09:19:33 EDT 2008

In the past, the problem of most games was that the single player mode was
the only stuff you could do with your game, and you finish the all the
levels within a week or two. The multiplayers aspect of the game is one the
stuff that give the value of your game. Who would still playing Counter
Strike today if that was a single player game ? Multiplayers is not just an
addon, it's almost what make your game a success or not. 10 years after the
launch of halflife, the game still run out of stock ... do know any other
example ?

They're sell their games becauses of multiplayers aspect, and if you sell a
game where there are no server under linux, you will never have enought
servers accross the world for all the people who buy the game. It just that
Activision and many other don't get that point.

My two cents.