[cod] number of linux vs windows servers?

John Kennington jwkennington at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 08:48:41 EDT 2008

Then why do they care about linux binaries at all?  If they don't develop
for it, why bother to "QA" the binary?  Even a blind man could see the
reason.  <rant off>.  I know, not a place for the rants, but every time a
patch is released we go through the same old s***.  We run the games and
ATVI knows it.  They really don't care what we think, want, or need.  We
will run them with what they give us.  Simple as that.

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 8:44 AM, |T-OC|Morpheus|:.Web <morpheus at clantoc.org>
wrote:

> Because from the point of view of IW (and Activision guys who are for sure
> MS-paid ^^)  linux is not the platform they develop for, and so they don't
> support it. It's pretty miraculous that we have linux binaries for our
> prefered games, and it's not because of Activision interests :(
>

> Ollie C. - Frrsh Support wrote:
>
>>  Look at the lack of servers last night i'd guess there are more linux vs
>> windows!
>>
>> Why didn't they just wait for the linux patch to be done then release them
>> all together?!?!?!?
>>
>> Rock Freak
>>
>> Craig Nimmo wrote:
>>
>>> If the delays keep up we'll be switching all our Linux servers to Windows
>>> ones........ which I really don't want to do. But screaming customers is not
>>> what we want!
>>>
>>> Have we got any news.......
>>>
>>> Craig

"Some people are like a Slinky .. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs."