[cod] COD4 Linux noob

Donald Stephens donald.stephens at activant.com
Mon Jun 9 12:07:08 EDT 2008

That IP cant be right.

290.242.12.190

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sanborn [mailto:marksanborn at dls.net]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 9:01 AM
To: cod at icculus.org
Subject: Re: [cod] COD4 Linux noob

I am using the startup command (all 1 line):

./cod4_lnxded +exec server2.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set fs_basepath
/home/msanborn/COD4 +set fs_homepath /home/msanborn/COD4 +set
fs_savepath /home/msanborn/COD4 +set net_ip 290.242.12.190 +set net_port

38961 +map_rotate

I have a static IP, the switch is not doing nat, so my IP is my external

IP. I can see the console output punkbuster messages I have setup and
when I do a status, everything looks ok.

I just can not connect. Both the server and client are 1.6. I have tried

using a few different ports thinking something is using it.

Not sure what else to look at.

Mark

Sgt Crapgame wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you have to use +set dedicated 2 for an Internet server and +set
> dedicated 1 for a LAN server.
> I don't know what is the default value if you don't specify this
flag...

> ----------------------------------
> Sgt Crapgame
> http://www.yagsb.com/
> ----------------------------------
>
> 2008/6/9 Donald Stephens <donald.stephens at activant.com
> <mailto:donald.stephens at activant.com>>:
>
>     Below is the startup for one of my servers. I'm doing NAT so my IP
is
>     different. Are you behind a NAT firewall if so try setting your IP
>     that of the actual box and not the public IP.
>

>     ./cod4_lnxded +exec serversetting.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set
fs_basepath
>     /home/cod4-5 +set fs_homepath /home/cod4-5 +set fs_savepath
/home/cod4-5
>     +set net_ip 192.168.1.50 <http://192.168.1.50> +set net_port 3160
>     +set ui_maxclients "54"
>     +map_rotate
>
>     Do you have the set dedicated flag turned on like I do above? This
>     determines if its seen on the master browser.
>
>     -Don

---
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to cod-unsubscribe at icculus.org