[cod] MD5 in PBconfig

Tyson twisted at twistedgamingservice.com
Sun Jun 8 22:04:27 EDT 2008

No PB MD5 facility can only check 1024 bytes of a file. It is not a full MD5
hash of the file.

PsB MD5's (using Even Balance's) md5 program the first 1024 bytes of all
files in the public checks and in the private checks random areas of each
file and specific areas if a cheat is discovered to be modifying files in a
specific area of the file.

http://www.punksbusted.com/wiki/index.php/MD5Tool
http://www.punksbusted.com/wiki/index.php/PB_SV_MD5Tool

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=links.php
Bottom of the above page link has the Win32 and Linux PunkBuster MD5 program
for generating MD5 checks.

Dewed_up_Scope of Punks Busted made a nice front end tool to EB's MD5 Tool
to auto generate MD5's
http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45610

Jiipee of Punks Busted also has a Windows Batch file that does similar, but
you need to create a file list for it. We use it to compare hashes from
various members of the PsB community to make sure we have accurate MD5 lists
and catch any undocumented Location/Language differences.
http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28629

Tyson
Twisted Gaming Service
Http://www.twistedgamingservice.com