[cod] Offical ?? 1.6

James Landi jim at landi.net
Sun Jun 8 15:03:01 EDT 2008

It's an official release, which I have access to via Activision PR
(press release site) and was given permission to release.  However the
files that where on this private FTP site where corrupt (iw13 file was
bad/missing along with one other map file) thus Joker was able to fix
that by simply putting the Windows released iw13 file + map ff file into
the Linux package he then mirrored for all to grab.

I assume because of the weekend, Ryan has not been contacted by
Activision in regards to the go ahead.  I have also contacted Activision
in regards to the corrupt file on their FTP server, which other sites
like Fileplanet have access too as well.  I have a feeling those guys
only check when contacted by Activision thus these came on the FTP
server after the Windows release as well as we always get a new path and
password to new content they would like us to mirror so there is no
reason to keep checking.

What had happened was, I was asking Activision about steam updates for
Windows clients in regards to how they release their patches via Steam
and slipped in a questions I said "My forum members would have my head
if I did not ask AGAIN about the Linux bits every time I talk too you
guys/gals :-)".

They got right back to me answering my other questions as well as a
"Linux patch is up on the same FTP" and thus with the help of Joker and
a bunch of great GSPs, everyone was able to get their servers updated
for the weekend (or part of it).

-Jim Landi
Rudedog
FPSadmin.com