[cod] Patch 1.6 and Map Pack

James Landi jim at landi.net
Thu Jun 5 13:16:46 EDT 2008

This was directly from Activision.  They just released the press release
and access to the private FTP to grab the files.  You should see IW
updated shortly.  I also asked where the Linux patch is, they are
checking on it as I write this.

-Jim

*/The Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack/* features four
new multiplayer maps including “Broadcast,” featuring tight corridors
and wide open parking lots where large groups will utilize close-quarter
fighting and strategic maneuvers; “Chinatown” where night battles well
lit by the full moon can play havoc against a backdrop of brightly
colored lamps, antique shops and neon signs of the local district;
“Killhouse,” a desolate warehouse under enemy attack where squads will
need to move through building mock-ups and plywood walls in order to
take control of the combat arena; and “Creek,” a wide open village in a
heavily wooded area where battles are fought among high ridgelines and
deep in underground caves.

“We are delighted to reward GeForce owners with this fantastic new map
pack from Infinity Ward,” said Roy Taylor, vice president of content
relations at NVIDIA. “This is our way of saying thanks to Activision for
an incredible game and also our way to give something back to the PC
gaming community. Now go download it from nzone.com and I’ll see you
online!”

*/Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare/* is rated “M” (Mature) by the ESRB for
Intense Violence, Strong Language, Blood and Gore. /Call of Duty 4:
Modern Warfare/ is included in NVIDIA’s The Way It’s Meant To Be Played
program.