[cod] High lag in 1.7

Tyson twisted at twistedgamingservice.com
Tue Jul 15 22:02:01 EDT 2008

Pb bans has a faq on their site, PsB is testing last I knew how much over the 82k the average server can go before lag sets in to get these more detailed shots.

My understanding is if you use the new larger shoots you need to increase you delays significantly between shots and number of them that get taken at same time to prevent the lag spikes when several players get requested one right after the other.

Problem is this gives you fewer shots per player per round but you get more detailed shots. Another issue is disk space. New sizes are almost if not double the size so I/O operations could also be the cause of the lag spikes. Which again means you really need to increase delay settings for the larger shots.

Tyson
Twisted Gaming Service
http://www.twistedgamingservice.com