[cod] Online Game CP software.

"Einar S. idsø" einar.cod at norsk-esport.no
Sun Jul 13 08:40:13 EDT 2008

True, you don't have complete and absolute control with GC. And it isn't
OSS. But if we're not going to be complete fanatics about OSS, I have to
say that coming from a background where I scripted for each and every
game we ran in Linux, I started to get a bit tired of it all. Especially
since game servers was a hobby, and the job was getting a bit too big
for me on my spare time. Not to mention that a number of games simply
run better in Windows than in Linux (hate to say it, but it's true).
Compared to recreating a system in Windows which did the same as my
custom-made scripts in Linux, simply switching to GameCreate proved to
be the path of least resistance. I am very glad I don't have to script
anymore - getting a new game to run is now, for most cases, simply a
matter of installing the game and firing up a server through the GC
control panel :)

Deciding which GSP-software is best for you, is more of an individual
preference than a one-solution-fits-all type of problem.

Cheers,
Einar