[cod] Laag with 1.7 Linux Servers?

EscapedTurkey escapedturkey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:47:07 EDT 2008

If this is just a personal server and not for any business, and unless
the data is critical, you may just want to do RAID 0 (yes, I know it's
not RAID). Than do daily rsync backups to your home. After the first
rsync, it won't take long to do subsequent ones.

Also, you may want to do daily archiving and wipes of log the game
server log files. I notice that can get fairly IO intensive if they get
too large.

Another thing to consider, if you run multiple servers with multiple
accounts, is to symlink the large files from one location. That should
improve seek times, in theory.