SV: [cod] What is the secret behind masterserver-list?

James Landi jim at landi.net
Mon Jan 28 10:04:08 EST 2008

It will actually do nothing, especially the clanservers.net line.

If it makes you feel better, you can use the -- set sv_master1
"cod4master.activision.com <http://cod4master.activision.com/>" -- if
running cod4.

The master server is hard coded into the exe and thus does not need to
be used. Recently IW has hinted that there will be fixes in the next
patch. Only time will tell as this has been on going for a very very
long time, well before cod4.

-Jim Landi
Rudedog
FPSadmin.com