COD4 Custom maps with shared game directory won't load

J. Miribel admin at nitroserv.com
Fri Jan 25 08:59:44 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I am facing a lot of troubles trying to launch custom maps on shared
game dir installs:

Here is my startup line:
/usr/local/games/cod4/cod4_lnxded +set fs_homepath /home/cod401/cod4/
+set fs_basepath /usr/local/games/cod4/ +set loc_language 1 +set fs_game
mods/modwarfare +exec server.cfg

If I place my usermaps/ dir in /usr/local/games/cod4/ I will be able to
launch the custom map with no problem.
If I move the usermaps/ folder in the user directory
(/home/cod401/cod4/), the server will take the server.cfg in
/home/cod401/cod4/mods/modwarfare/ but it won't be able to open the
custom map and keeps saying the server must be modded when I try to
launch one...

My usermaps/ tree is fine since it works when placed in the game directory

Any of you running setups like this and had it to work ? I might be
missing something here...

Best regards